none
Get the Weather Web Service visual studio visual basic RRS feed

• Question

• How I can get a NOAA Web Service  DWML using visual studio 2013 and Visual Basic Web Application. I can refer the service but I don't know how implement the code.
    Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:36 PM

All replies

• How I can get a NOAA Web Service  DWML using visual studio 2013 and Visual Basic Web Application. I can refer the service but I don't know how implement the code.

Show the code that you're using so far please?

I've done a fair amount with the weather in the years past. Have you consider other API's like the one from Weather Underground?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:03 PM
  • I just tried to get weather underground key.  It sends a validation email with no key and I really don't see how to get it.  

Lloyd Sheen

Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:49 PM
  • I just tried to get weather underground key.  It sends a validation email with no key and I really don't see how to get it.  

Lloyd Sheen

That's odd.

I've had mine for several years so I don't know.

You might want to try again tomorrow; hopefully the issue is ephemeral.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:52 PM

Lloyd Sheen

As an aside, but relevant to the current subject under consideration, this is old but you might find it worth a few minutes to read:

http://michaelwelburn.com/2011/11/02/comparing-weather-apis/

• Edited by Frank L. Smith Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:58 PM ...reworded
    Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:57 PM
  • I checked your link.It is very well. I would like to use the NOAA service because it is an official data. I would like use tools similar to vwww.youtube.com/watch?v=967fFzi8wDY demo but using VB in visual studio 2013.
    Monday, October 9, 2017 12:02 AM
  • I chequed your link.It is very well. I would like use the NOAA sevice because it is a official data. I would like use a tool similar to vwww.youtube.com/watch?v=967fFzi8wDY demo but using VB in vual studio 2013. 

Show what you've done so far then.

I assume you're using a REST API? If so, what is the URL for it?

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:02 AM