none
Help With C# App Building!

Question

• Hia! I have recently had the urge to make my own Android app. I downloaded Visual Studio Community 2015 and did some research on how to use it. I went to YouTube and saw some tutorials on how to make some basic apps. But in those videos I found that they all had this feature which allowed you to simply drag a button, switch, text etc., onto this phone that is on the screen.. I start at the beginning like everyone else, using C+ blank app. But when it's finished loading, I don't get any of the drag and drop, or smartphone thing or anything. I have scoured the internet to figure out how to get it up there but I have yet to find anything. Please help. Thanks
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hi HunterSmith,

According to your description, please refer to the following steps to drag a control in Android project.

1). Make sure you have installed Cross-platform develop components. If not, please install them through control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio->change, check the following options:

2). Create a new Android project:

3). Please open the toolbox (click View Menu -> choose Toolbox):

Hope it helpful for you. Let’s keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Hey Oscar, I just checked and it shows that I do in fact have Cross Platform Mobile Development.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:02 PM
  • Hi HunterSmith,

Please drag controls from ToolBox (refer to the step3 from above reply), does ToolBox be displayed in your VS?

If possible, please share a screenshot about your issue, I will try my best to help you resolved this issue. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:43 AM
  • Hey Oscar, I tried posting a screen shot but it says that I need to verify my account?

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:22 PM
  • Hi HunterSmith,

You need to ask for a requirement in this thread to verify your account.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 2, 2017 7:01 AM
  • Hi HunterSmith,

Please share me a link that you study (which chapter you are studying), I will follow this course in my side to repro your issue. Please post link format in text format.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 1:43 AM