What defines InfoPath form weight? - trying to make a lighter form... RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 form. One has as twice as more data source elements then the other one, but weights 3 times less (67 KB ver. 186 KB). The second form has about the same amount of data connections and no images and etc. I want to make it weight less, but don't know how. The only difference between the forms is that the first one was created from scratch, while the second on is a havily modified InfoPath template. May be this makes the weight difference?

Please, advice!

Thanks a bunch.

• Edited by Natalie Kash Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:23 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:22 PM

Answers

• One simple solution could be to extract infopath form template using archive software like 7zip and check if it is containing any resource files which are not being used and delete them. You can also check if it is containing any dll files because if you have written some code for your form, it will put dll into the form itself. By extracting the form template you can see actually which file is having more size and also compare with form template.

Thanks,

Rahul Babar

ASP.NET, C#, Sharepoint 2007/2010, Infopath 2007/2010 Developer

• Proposed as answer by Rahul Babar Monday, February 27, 2012 5:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:58 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 11:01 AM
  •  

Just to let you know - Thanks for the hint, I was able to locate a huge xml file stored offline from one of the connections I created. So it was my bad, not template's!

Always nice to know!

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:17 PM

All replies

• One simple solution could be to extract infopath form template using archive software like 7zip and check if it is containing any resource files which are not being used and delete them. You can also check if it is containing any dll files because if you have written some code for your form, it will put dll into the form itself. By extracting the form template you can see actually which file is having more size and also compare with form template.

Thanks,

Rahul Babar

ASP.NET, C#, Sharepoint 2007/2010, Infopath 2007/2010 Developer

• Proposed as answer by Rahul Babar Monday, February 27, 2012 5:08 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 11:01 AM
  •  Thank you, Rahul!

I'll definitely give it a try. I do suspect they stuffed the template with someting. Will try to get rid of it.

And have a gread day!

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:01 PM
  •  

Just to let you know - Thanks for the hint, I was able to locate a huge xml file stored offline from one of the connections I created. So it was my bad, not template's!

Always nice to know!

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:17 PM