Set up Incoming E-mail to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I want to set up incoming e-mail to SharePoint. Besides changing the settings in Central Administration for Incoming E-mail. What else need to happen in SharePoint Environment?

I don't have Exchange server in SharePoint Environment. I have only SMTP server installed on Domain Controller.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 10:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Incoming Email requires the Exchange schema (2003 or higher) be deployed to the domain. Are you able to do that?

http://thesharepointfarm.com/2013/02/a-practical-guide-to-implementing-incoming-email-using-the-sharepoint-directory-management-service/

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Swetha Monpara Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 10:41 PM
  • Thanks Trevor for response. It doesn't look like we will have Exchange server on the SharePoint environment.

I still wanted to know the process. Thanks for guidance.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:14 PM
  • Just so you're aware, you don't need an Exchange server, just the schema. This is present on any Exchange media and is part of the pre-installation process for Exchange.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:29 PM