none
Report Viewer External Image .emf Display Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm having trouble displaying an external image that is an .emf file.  When I setup the Source as "External" and the Value points to my file (i.e. file:///c:\test.emf), the image control instantly changes from the red x to my actual image in the designer -- things look good.

Then I try to print the report (either preview or print out) and I don't get the image.  I'm back to a "red x."  This is confusing to me.  I'm pretty sure it's due to the file format because I can change the image to a .bmp using the same external link/setup and both the designer and printouts show the image correctly.

I'm getting the images from another program where I don't have control over their filetype, so I would like to be able to work directly with .emf files.  However it does appear that I could have an automated process convert them, though I would consider that a last resort. 

I didn't know much about .emf files -- any ideas on what I might be missing?  It really throws me off that the visual studio designer will dsiplay the image but actually printing the report won't.  Is that a printer driver thing or ...?

Thanks for your help.

Warren

Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:23 AM