Pinch zoom touch-action native Win 8 app

Question

• I have one large US map image file with additional 6 zoomed in region based images.  These images are the same size.  The 6 basically chop the US up into equal parts.  Is there a way, using javascript and the touch-action property, to display the large map and detect where on the image the user touches and zoom to that subregion map?  I would like to use the pinch method if I can.  I'm confused as to whether the SemanticZoom is the best way to achieve this perhaps.  I am using Visual Studio 2013 navigation template, IE11, and Windows 8.
    Friday, May 16, 2014 1:17 AM

Answers

• This seems like a good use for semantic zoom. You could have the zoomed in versions for the individual regions and the zoomed out version would be the full map.

You'll need to write a custom control for the views implementing the IZoomableView interface .

To handle the zoom in from the map to the individual regions you can make the full map an image map.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by hxnwx Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:25 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• This seems like a good use for semantic zoom. You could have the zoomed in versions for the individual regions and the zoomed out version would be the full map.

You'll need to write a custom control for the views implementing the IZoomableView interface .

To handle the zoom in from the map to the individual regions you can make the full map an image map.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by hxnwx Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:25 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 10:29 PM
  • I thought Semantic Zoon might be the way to go.  I used an image map and it seems to be working well except the zoom factor is not what I had hoped..might be the image size.  I'll have to mess around with it.
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:25 AM