none
Designer Load Error: Cannot register package

Question

• I have had the following error for a while and have not found a workable solution.  I even tried deleting the app package but still get the error.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  I really would like to publish this application.

Using Visual Studio 2015 - Windows 8.1 Universal App

Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80072EE4: The Visual Elements extension failed while processing the Notification element. (0x80073cf6) MyApp.Windows

Sunday, January 17, 2016 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Technette.ann,

According to the error message, this problem occurs when run/debug your app in Visual Studio 2015, is it right?

Please create a new project to check whether it also has the same problem. If the new project doesn't have this problem, please move the project file from the origin project to the new project one by one. This step can help us make sure which file caused this problem.

There has other communities who has the same problem, please refer to below thread, which is similar with yours.

http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/573292/visualplusstudioplus-plusbuildpluserror

If all project has this problem, please run your Visual Studio as administrator to check whether it still has the same problem.

Then please make sure you have installed all Windows SDK (both of Windows 8/8.1 SDK and Windows 10 SDK) for your Visual Studio 2015.

If still doesn't work, please repair your Visual Studio try to fix this problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:53 AM