none
Email Notifications on item delete event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Company is using SharePoint 2010, the user list is taken from AD.
    We need to send a notification email for list item delete event to persons inside AD and also external users that won't be in AD.
    The External User part prevents us from using purely just the list Alert option. Also The emails need to be sent on certain conditions, for example, send an email only if item has been deleted that has Column with 'approved' status. The conditional part could be achieved from workflows, but I have no idea how to get the workflow to trigger on item delete event, or if there is a way to use default alerts inside a workflow (emails sent in a workflow have a CC option, so external emails can be added there, thus making alert a viable option). After googling a lot, I still haven't figured out a viable option that isn't isnt really hard to achieve. What are my options? 3rd party plugins are not an option. 

P.S. I just learned that You can set an alert on certain views. That would answer the conditional problem (I suppose I can create a view with filtered out Column). But the external email problem still remains in that case, if it's possible to customize email and add a CC that would be perfect. But the general question still remains.

BR,
    Some Dude

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:02 PM

Answers