breakpoints hit while browsing, not just while debugging RRS feed

• Question

• User-430633280 posted

I just installed a Windows update a couple days ago that has messed up some Visual Studio or IIS setting.  Before the update, when I clicked Debug from VS, it would launch a browser window with an URL like "localhost:1400/myAppDir/".  If I had breakpoints in VS, they would only be hit by events from this window.  In other words, if I started up a new browser window and navigated to my app (without the port number in the URL), I could use the app without hitting any breakpoints.  This was extremely useful because it allowed me to set up my test data without being interrupted by breakpoints, then switch to my debug window and only hit breakpoints for the features I am testing.

Ever since the windows update, when I launch a debug window from VS it uses a URL without a port number.  If I open a new browser window and navigate to my localhost app, it will hit breakpoints from that window also.

(When I open a new browser window, I am launching it from a quicklaunch icon, NOT doing file -> new window).

Does anyone know how to get it back to the original behavior?

Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:22 AM

All replies

• User1611391320 posted

click on solution explorer and then f4

there u can set static port no = true and static port no=1245 something

and then chk.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:36 AM