none
Signin to Azure Portal using AAD account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have now synced our on-premise AD with Azure AD and I am able to login to the Azure portal using my Azure AD credentials. Although I can log in, I am unable to see any Azure subscriptions?

We do have a corporate subscription and my work email has been assigned administrator privileges to the subscription, but I cannot see the subscription when I log in using my AAD login (work or school account option).

I must note, this is not a Office365 subscription. Our domain is only synced with Azure AD.

Are we doing something wrong, or is it not possible to log into the subscription using my AAD account?
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:27 AM

All replies

• Does your actual work account (ie synced on-prem account) have access to the subscription?

If you login to portal.azure.com then go into subscriptions, can you add your work account (on-prem) to be an admin in that subscription?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:34 AM
  • That's the thing... I don't see the subscription, because the colleague that has to assign it, says he did assign me access, but his understanding is that I need an Office365 account to access the subscription.

So basically, if he assigns it to my work account, I should be able to access it - even though it is only a work account and not an Office 365 account?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:45 AM
  • If he assigns you access to your work account then it should work. Can you confirm with him that he did not assign access to your microsoft account instead? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/billing-add-change-azure-subscription-administrator/#how-to-add-an-admin-for-a-subscription
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:00 AM
  • The issue is caused by the MSDN allocation i.e. the work account was used to assign a MSDN Visual Studio subscription (and in turn a MSDN Azure subscription). The same account is then used to assign the Enterprise Azure subscription. The portal does not seem to be able to handle the dual use. Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:49 AM
  • In order to use an Azure AD user to sign in to an Azure subscription, this subscription must be associated/linked to that Azure AD tenant. Is this the case?

More at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-how-subscriptions-associated-directory/

hth
    Marcin

• Proposed as answer by Sapna Girish Saturday, November 5, 2016 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:50 AM