Money Manager App RRS feed

• Question

• User1519602350 posted

Hi, I have received a new project today. Security is more important for this project. So can i go ahead using c# razor(which i have already good experience) or MVC(its new to me). Suggest me please.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:20 PM

Answers

• User895691971 posted

Security needs Validation not some language! So if you provide good Validations for the input, you can have a secure WebSite with that language that you already know (C# Razor). Just provide good validations. You can validate every field on your needs! 

Link that I am using: http://www.asp.net/web-pages/tutorials/working-with-pages/validating-user-input-in-aspnet-web-pages-sites

Its a link for C# Razor, where you find all kind of Validations to make you website and forms more and more secure! They will help you get only the same result as you want to. Other input won't be saved and the user will be forced to only add the data that is secure!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:31 AM

All replies

• User-410207263 posted

In my opnion security doesn't drive the options you mentioned. I am not familiar with C# razor but MVC as you might already be aware is more of a desgin pattern, it's an approch where your application tiers are seperated on hard lines, gives you more control and better testing options. Since it's inseption MVC has eveloved a lot and more and more business apps are prefering MVC over web forms(thier argument is that web forms is not real). If you really want to grab some expereice go MVC, it's the future for sure. But keep in mind there is a considerable learning curve.

Back to security which ever option you choose, make sure you follow all the fundemental rules if you are going user name password route make sure you use enryption and make sure your to avoid any hackable items (cookies for example) also make sure you prevent SQL injections and I can go on...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:43 PM
  • User895691971 posted

Security needs Validation not some language! So if you provide good Validations for the input, you can have a secure WebSite with that language that you already know (C# Razor). Just provide good validations. You can validate every field on your needs! 

Link that I am using: http://www.asp.net/web-pages/tutorials/working-with-pages/validating-user-input-in-aspnet-web-pages-sites

Its a link for C# Razor, where you find all kind of Validations to make you website and forms more and more secure! They will help you get only the same result as you want to. Other input won't be saved and the user will be forced to only add the data that is secure!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:31 AM