Cannot debug on Xamarin Studio after editing in Visual Studio 2015? RRS feed

• Question

• User78526 posted

Hi,

Today, I faced an issue when working on both Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio in a single project.

Have anyone else faced it?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:43 AM

All replies

• User7082 posted

Yes! I get this. It's annoying I can't debug anymore. Did you find a work around as my coding rate has been crippled as I can neither debug or get consistent compilations.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:00 PM
  • User21936 posted

@Jay_UK and @kanvu

Could you provide some more solid steps to reproduce this issue so we can investigate? In other words, what are the steps that lead up to this error?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:08 PM
  • User7082 posted

I can't undo it in order to replicate it. I was merely carrying out a normal write a bit of code and compile in debug mode to check it works.

Now Visual Studio (and sometimes Xamarin) have a bit of a hard time shutting down cleanly and can sometimes hang. I did do the Xamarin updates yesterday where it added profiling capability etc but I havent used that in any way.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:06 PM
  • User21936 posted

@Jay_UK So the issue occurred after moving your solution form Visual Studio to Xamarin Studio? If so, did you make sure to clean and rebuild the solution after moving it between IDEs? This is always a good idea. In addition, there may be incompatibilities between breakpoints in Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio so it may also be worth trying to clear all breakpoints before moving the solution.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:37 PM
  • User7082 posted

Yes I done the above. Actually I just done a OS reboot and VS was hanging the system there. I will just avoid using VS and stick to Xamarin Studio to get this work done for now. I have an inkling there's something with VS instability blocking the debugging port or something which is preventing Xamarin Studio from securing a connection when debugging.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:45 PM