none
When run my solution, it was found with virus Trojan:Win32/Emelent.B!cl by Windows 10 Virus & Threat protection RRS feed

• Question

• I scanned the whole system and found no virus. When tried to run my program, Windows came back with Virus warning and stopped it from running.
    Please help!

Environment :
    Windows 10 Pro
    Visual Studio Enterprise 2019

Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Emelent.B!cl
    Alert level: Severe
    Date: 8/1/2019 1:14 PM
    Category: Trojan
    Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
    Affected items: 
    file: D:\VB Projects\Pacman\bin\Debug\Pacman.exe
    process: pid:10292,ProcessStart:132091100243928532

Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:55 AM

Answers

• Dependent on your virus protection you need to either exclude the main folder for your projects e.g. I have a folder named C:\DotNetLand, using Norton security I exempt that folder of about 1,000 project. You could also simple exclude that project folder and sub-folders. This would take care of your problem doing similar actions for your virus program. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by ByTheBaySF Monday, August 12, 2019 10:48 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Either change the name of your program or if it is an embedded file, then look for "virus in Pacman" using a browser. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:00 PM
  • I wouldn't call it "resolved", but it's a workaround, I guess. Still don't understand why Microsoft Security picked it up as virus.
    • Marked as answer by ByTheBaySF Monday, August 12, 2019 10:49 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 10:48 PM

All replies

• Dependent on your virus protection you need to either exclude the main folder for your projects e.g. I have a folder named C:\DotNetLand, using Norton security I exempt that folder of about 1,000 project. You could also simple exclude that project folder and sub-folders. This would take care of your problem doing similar actions for your virus program. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Either change the name of your program or if it is an embedded file, then look for "virus in Pacman" using a browser. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion.

I use Microsoft's Virus & threat protection comes with Windows 10 and don't know how to exclude my dev folder from it.

For now, I have no choice but to "allow" the virus to exist on my system. I am afraid of the risk I am taking if the real virus shows up. :( 

Monday, August 5, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Good suggestion. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Monday, August 5, 2019 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Do you resolve the issue? If you resolve the issue, please mark the helpful as answer. It will be beneficial to other community.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:57 AM
  • I wouldn't call it "resolved", but it's a workaround, I guess. Still don't understand why Microsoft Security picked it up as virus.
    • Marked as answer by ByTheBaySF Monday, August 12, 2019 10:49 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 10:48 PM