Can not set "Master" in https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/Misc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a windows form application to manage my child applicationId in offline mode.

at begining, I can create or update my child application information successfully, but after several times keeping doing this, an error message came out say: "The application does not have permission to call the specified method." when I call "Microsoft.Health.ApplicationProvisioning.Provisioner.AddApplication()"

And then I go to https://config.healthvault-ppe.com , found that Application Type of my master application has been changed from "Master" to "Default" in "Misc" menu.  and when I try to change the Application Type from "Default" to "Master", I got another error message say: "We couldn't complete your action because, A master application can't have a master app id".

My master application Id is :"***-c0d884aca179".

How did it happen? How to fix it.

Eric Zuo

HealthVault Application developer

Guide Productions LLC

Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Eric Zuo,

This issue is fixed by our Product Group and Could you please check from your side whether you have any issues further. Could you please answer the following questions:

Why are you making this application as a master app?

what is the business justification here?

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

• Proposed as answer by Madan kamuju Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zuo Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Eric Zuo,

Could you please paste the application ID in the thread or you can also send it to my email ID: v-madank@microsoft.com.  Please let me know you are the admin for this application ID.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Hi Madan,

It is my fault.

I set the ConfigurationOptions from "ApplicationOptions.PublishApplication" to "ApplicationOptions.Default" for my Master ApplicationId during debug.

Can you help me to set back to  "ApplicationOptions.PublishApplication" for my master Application type in PPE?

Seems like there is no way for me to change back. my Master ApplicationId in PPE is: 67a363ca-91c9-424a-9c2d-c0d884aca179

Thanks

Eric Zuo

HealthVault Application developer

Guide Productions LLC

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:18 AM
  • Hello Eric Zuo,

I have tried to update your Master application ID application type from Default to Master and i am also getting the same error, Hence I am escalating this Issue to our HealthVault Product Group. Issues that are escalated to the Product Group are normally assigned to the appropriate person within 2 business days and most issues are normally resolved within 7 days.  I will contact you with any information from the Product Group as soon as I receive an update from the Product Group.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding your issue.

Regards,
    Madan Kamuju

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Hello Eric Zuo,

This issue is fixed by our Product Group and Could you please check from your side whether you have any issues further. Could you please answer the following questions:

Why are you making this application as a master app?

what is the business justification here?

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

• Proposed as answer by Madan kamuju Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zuo Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:34 AM
  • The application was a master app originally, just because I changed it to non-master by mistake during debug, and I can not change it back to master app.

Since there is no way to manage our child applications in healthvault platform, I am developing a windows form application to manage our child applications in Offline mode.

Thanks.

Eric Zuo

Monday, April 4, 2011 10:15 PM
  • Hello Eric Zuo,

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please confirm me whether the issue is resolved or not.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:45 PM