How to get Transaction details from a POS Receipt through a web API RRS feed

• Question

• User340273482 posted

Hi All,

Here is the scenario, i would like to read the POS sales receipt though an ASP.net web API and get the details of transaction and other details involved using a Third Party API and get back the details.

I would like to know how to do read the sales receipt using ASP.net web API, what are all the parameter to look for and the third party API service to get the transactions details.

Any information related to this is helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks

Pandu

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:28 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

This will all depend on the POS system you are trying to connect to. It may or may not supply an api to do what you want. Check with the manufacturer of the POS system.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:50 PM
  • User340273482 posted

Thanks Bruce, Basically i am trying build Generic ASP.net web API to read any POS receipt and get the details of transaction through third Party API endpoint. Are there any API that provides transaction details based on transaction ID

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:33 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Pandu,

Welcome to ASP.NET forums.

Basically i am trying build Generic ASP.net web API to read any POS receipt and get the details of transaction through third Party API endpoint. Are there any API that provides transaction details based on transaction ID

In my opinion, there are no existing generic APIs/Services that can help handle all kind of POS receipt and transaction details, if you'd like to build the HTTP service for doing with POS receipts, you had better to contact POS system provider(s) for further help.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:28 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

Thanks Bruce, Basically i am trying build Generic ASP.net web API to read any POS receipt and get the details of transaction through third Party API endpoint. Are there any API that provides transaction details based on transaction ID

every POS vendor has their own api (though some may not support any, or may be an addition option to purchase). You need to get the api kit for each vendor you want to support. This is a good case for using the IOC and factory patterns.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:36 PM