none
OneNote app crashes processing simple table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I generated *.one file with simple table using my own application: single row, single column with text "meeting title"(in the attached image located above bold line). The file can be downloaded via link download. I use OneNote 2016.

App crashes in the following way:

1. Right-click on table cell
    2. Select option "Table"

The crash will happen in a few seconds.

I want to understand:
    1. Does this crash happen because of OneNote misprocessing?
    2. If it is not then what is wrong with the generated file. I carefully investigated it with latest "[MS-ONE]: OneNote File Format" and it seems to me the document complies all rules.
    3.We know that OneNote app can process tables well. What should be changed in provided document to be processed correctly by OneNote app?

Sincerely, Alexei.

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexei:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:07 PM
    Owner
  • Obaid, thank you!
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:26 AM
  • Hi Alexei, 

I will be looking into this for you. Looks like it might need some time to debug and understand what the problem is. I'll let you know if I need more logging information or other data. In the meantime, if you don't mind connecting with me on dochelp at Microsoft.com (reference the URL for this thread and my name) and then we'll be more able to share data while troubleshooting.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:30 PM
  • Thanks, Tom!

Great to work with you once again.

I sent a letter to dochelp.

Friday, April 19, 2019 12:06 PM