AggregationFunction=NONE RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to use the AggregationFunction=None, but when I browse my cube, there are no data. Anyone ever use this aggregation function?

Thank you,
    Guillaume.
    Thursday, January 5, 2006 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Guillaume,

For a measure with AggregationFunction=None, you'll only see values at the leaf level cells of the measure group, unless you're loading non-leaf fact data. Furthermore, if there are multiple fact records for a leaf-level cell, the measure value at that leaf is the sum. What I also found with a test cube is that the leaf-level values became null when I added the fact table (degenerate) dimension to the cube (maybe because the fact dimension gets added to the leaf-level?).

So, if you're working on your original problem, I would still suggest separating the max and min values into separate fields: you can then apply Max and Min aggregation functions to them.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175623.aspx#AggFunction

>>

None

Nonadditive

No aggregation is performed, and all values for leaf and nonleaf members in a dimension are supplied directly from the fact table for the measure group that contains the measure. If no value can be read from the fact table for a member, the value for that member is set to null.

>>

Sunday, January 8, 2006 6:29 AM