none
Complete Automation of SSRS Deployment and Report Server Subscription Setups

Question

• Good day, 

We are using SSRS 2013 version and SSMS 2014. On the normal SSRS and <g class="gr_ gr_1671 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="1671" id="1671">Rerport</g> Server deployment procedures, I need to manually proceed 

1. Deploy reports and dataSources to Report Server from SSRS.

2. Create subscription orders for each report.

3. Setup subscription email addresses.

4. Setup schedule time for email delivery. 

Here are my questions: 

a. How to make SSRS deployment completely automated? 

I found the RS.Exe but it doesn't work with work with 2008Sp1 and above and doesn't overwrite the existing files. Are there any better methods?

(http://www.sqlblogspot.com/2014/03/ssrs-deploymentcomplete-automation2012.html)

b. How to automate creating subscription orders and generating email address and schedule time by SQL scripts? 

Many thanks. 

Sunny T. 

Saturday, March 18, 2017 4:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Sunny,

As you stated, we can use RS.EXE tool to get the goal. Please refer to: SSRS Automated Deployment RS.EXE

Or we can try to deploy reports in Reporting Services programmatically using web services. See: Deploying Reports in Reporting Services Programmatically

b. How to automate creating subscription orders and generating email address and schedule time by SQL scripts?

As far as I know, there's no appropriate approach to create a subscription using T-SQL. It is recommended to use RS.EXE tool to achieve the goal. See: setup many subscriptions

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sunny T Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:28 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunny,

As you stated, we can use RS.EXE tool to get the goal. Please refer to: SSRS Automated Deployment RS.EXE

Or we can try to deploy reports in Reporting Services programmatically using web services. See: Deploying Reports in Reporting Services Programmatically

As far as I know, there's no appropriate approach to create a subscription using T-SQL. It is recommended to use RS.EXE tool to achieve the goal. See: setup many subscriptions

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sunny T Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:28 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Hi Pirlo, 

Thank you for your help. 

Regards,

Sunny 

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:28 AM