none
Driver Memory Test: How to deal with warnings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the Driver Memory Test was signed passed by the HCK Studio. But the TE.wtl log pointed out a warning “No driver found to test, no test will run”.  How should we asses this warning, could there be problems if we submit the test result to Microsoft?

Regard,

Alex

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:47 PM

All replies

• To submit a package to MS you have to pass all the tests.

Try to reinstall the driver cleanly and verify the devices you are testing.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

the Driver Memory Test was signed passed by the HCK Studio. But the TE.wtl log pointed out a warning “No driver found to test, no test will run”.  How should we asses this warning, could there be problems if we submit the test result to Microsoft?

Regard,

Alex

Can you provide target information for the project?  Some targets do not have a driver associated with them, so in that case this warning is benign.  The test did not fail, so submission would only fail if the target does require a driver.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 9:43 PM
  • I have an USB2-Device and the corresponding driver (specially developed driver). If I plug in the USB2-Device the driver will we be loaded and that is also the condition the driver will be tested by HCK. Therefore I’m wondering why the driver wasn’t found. I can see the same test result at a new installed test client and driver.  

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:50 AM
  • If your driver is installed after the HCK Client has been installed on the machine, the information for that device won't be picked up immediately via the gatherer.

If you're installing the driver BEFORE the HCK Client is installed on the target machine, we'll need to get some more information about the driver. I.e. is a filter driver, is it a UMDF driver? Etc.

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:03 PM