EventLog.EventWritten fires erroneously RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Service that monitors the Application Event Log and is  based on the EventLog.EventWritten event.  It runs on several machines, and there are times when the entry below fires over and over again with a "Generated" time stamp of 12-31-1969 7:00PM.

Not only do they appear to be bogus firings, but they do not show up in the event log at all.  Restarting the windows service seems to resolve the issue, but I have no idea why the event starts firing in the first place.  Any ideas?

The description for Event ID '0' in Source '' cannot be found.  The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them.  The following information is part of the event:

...and this is the "Generated" datetime, according to the event arguments: 12/31/1969 7:00:00 PM

mp

Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi mp,

Do you have a sample that reproduces the problem?  You may need to open a support incident with Microsoft if it's something that cannot be easily answered in the Forums.

Thanks

Carlos Lopez - Microsoft Escalation Engineer

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:36 AM