unit testing in .net core c sharp in visual studio preview for mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working with .net core webapi in c sharp in visual studio preview for mac.

I've been able to use nunit with .net 4.5, but haven't figured out how to get visual studio to recognise any of my unit tests under .net core.

Has anyone been able to get any unit testing framework working with .net core webapi in c sharp in visual studio preview for mac?

Thank you in advance

Mat

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:33 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Mat,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing about the Visual Studio Setup and Installation, from your description, as your issue is related to Unit test, I help you move this case to  Visual Studio Development >Visual Studio Unit Testing  for a much professional support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:33 AM
  • Hi Mat,

As unit test is integrated in visual studio for mac preview:

And unit testing with .net core in vs for mac is different compared to unit testing on Windows.

Here is docs page shows how to do it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/articles/core/testing/unit-testing-with-mstest

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:16 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, March 17, 2017 3:36 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:16 AM