none
Multivariable Scatter Chart RRS feed

• Question

• I have a data set with three columns first column is alphanumeric and two other columns are numeric, I am trying to plot all three on a scatter plot in excel, with column 2 on x axis and column 3 on Y axis and when I move over these scatter points it should display the corresponding row from column one

Is there a way to do this using a macro?

Ex Col1 Col2 Col3

x      1.2  0.5

abx    3.5  2.1

so on the graph when the cursor is moved over this point for (1.2, 0.5) it should display (x : 1.2, 0.5) or similar format.

Thanks for your help

Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hi P22D88,

>> I am trying to plot all three on a scatter plot in excel, with column 2 on x axis and column 3 on Y axis and when I move over these scatter points it should display the corresponding row from column one<<

According to the description, you want to show the specfic information when the mouse over the scatter points. As far as I know, we are not able to custom the tool tip which show when the mouse hover on the scatter points.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 26, 2015 11:04 AM