Creating a Batch Report from Access tables RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to determine if I should build a report from Access 2016 or save the data to a spreadsheet and use another tool.  I have created the tables which contain all of the information I want to create with.  Yet, I need to ensure that when there is a change in Dealer Name, that I save the report pages for that Dealer to one file and then open the next file for the next Dealer.  I have static information on the report and then I have the dynamic information fro the tables that I will use to create the report information.  Also, Page 1, needs to be a summary of the line items in all rows for that Dealer.  Plz see the 1st page (left) on the screen print.  Then for each row, until Dealer changes, I need to report this information on the form.  Any ideas or guidance about doing this would be great and so very much appreciated.  I am going to include what the output information needs to be.  Somehow, when I can done, I need to give the user a way to generate the report information after the tales have been created.  Any questions on the requirements, plz let me know.  Thanx in advance.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi ballj,

What do you mean by add tags?

For importing information to report, you could drag and drop the fields to the report.

What is your current report view and which information did it miss?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ballj_351 Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:54 PM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:10 AM

All replies

• Hi ballj_351,

>>I am trying to determine if I should build a report from Access 2016 or save the data to a spreadsheet and use another tool. 

Based on your current description, you could get all information from table, and checked your report, its content could be implemented by Access report. Is there any limitation or issue for you to create such report by Access report?

It would be helpful if you could share us what you have tried and what issue you got.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:40 AM
  • Could I import this information and then add the tags for the fields?  Do I have to start from the beginning for this report?
    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:24 PM
  • Hi ballj,

What do you mean by add tags?

For importing information to report, you could drag and drop the fields to the report.

What is your current report view and which information did it miss?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by ballj_351 Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:54 PM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:10 AM