none
Feature Request: Source Control - Item ‘Not Current’ Notification RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, in the Solution Explorer, when displaying files attached to source control, an icon is displayed to the left of each file: A check mark indicating the file is ‘checked out for editing’ & a lock to indicate that it is locked.

Could there be something that indicates the current status of locked files? Something that indicates that a team member has checked in a newer version – that my local version is out of date.

Monday, October 28, 2013 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas713,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Could there be something that indicates the current status of locked files? Something that indicates that a team member has checked in a newer version – that my local version is out of date.

As far as I know, it doesn’t have these features in Solution Explorer window. It just open your local apps.

You could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. If you submit this suggestion, I hope you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this issue will help you vote it. If it get more votes, the product team expert would think about adding it as a new feature in the future product. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, as far as I know, if you use the TFS, you could see the TFS history to get more information about current status of the projects. If you want to get more information from the TFS, you could post this issue to TFS forum for dedicated support: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=vstfs&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:46 AM