none
Deploying a WCF Application to IIS with VS 2013 Community Edition. RRS feed

• Question

• When I right click on my WCF project I do not get a choice to publish a web site.  I only get a choice to publish a web app.  Selecting this choice gives me a screen with the following options:

Microsoft Azure Web Apps

Microsoft Azure API Apps

Import

Custom.

I am looking for a publish web site dialog that will offer me the choice to publish to my local IIS.  Does any one have an idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Kristin Xie Monday, January 4, 2016 6:18 AM WCF related
    Saturday, January 2, 2016 4:24 PM

Answers

• 1) You right-click on the WCF project.

2) Go to Properties

3) Go to Web tab

4) Go to the Server section,  to the server listbox and select local IIS

5) You use the Create a Virtual Directory button to create the VD.

VS must be running using Run As Administrator rights.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 5:51 PM

All replies

• 1) You right-click on the WCF project.

2) Go to Properties

3) Go to Web tab

4) Go to the Server section,  to the server listbox and select local IIS

5) You use the Create a Virtual Directory button to create the VD.

VS must be running using Run As Administrator rights.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 5:51 PM
  • Hi toma648,

As far as I know, when we right-click the project name, we can choice the publish button,

Then we can choice the following target :

• Local IIS.
    • File System.
    • FTP Site.
    • Remote Site

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

1.WCF Service Publishing

Best Regards,

Wanjun Dong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:11 AM
  • Hi toma648,

As far as I know, when we right-click the project name, we can choice the publish button,

• Local IIS.
    • File System.
    • FTP Site.
    • Remote Site

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

1.WCF Service Publishing

Best Regards,

Wanjun Dong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

It don't work that way on VS2015 Community. It's either publish to Azure all the way or to  a Galley and a couple other options that make no sense.

VSC2015 uses IIS Express out the gate,  and one can switch to Local IIS or to an External host by taking the path I talk about to push the project to be hosted by Local IIS on a virtual directory using the Default App Pool and Default site.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:49 AM
  • Thanks for the answers but I still am not getting it.  I have VS2013 running under Windows 7 Ultimate and VS2015 running under Windows 10.  On both platforms I get the choices that Wanjun described for VS2015:

"It's either publish to Azure all the way or to  a Galley and a couple other options that make no sense."

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Thanks for the answers but I still am not getting it.  I have VS2013 running under Windows 7 Ultimate and VS2015 running under Windows 10.  On both platforms I get the choices that Wanjun described for VS2015:

"It's either publish to Azure all the way or to  a Galley and a couple other options that make no sense."

I have VS2013 Ultimate, a professional version. It works the same way a VS2015 on the publishing.   

• Local IIS.
    • File System.
    • FTP Site.
    • Remote Site

All of the above is gone

The above is there in my VS2010 professional version.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:14 PM