The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[XBOX][UWP]Disable/Ignore Xbox Gamepad in app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am currently writing an app that utilizes a SwapChainPanel displaying some interactive content which can be controlled by an Xbox gamepad. The app itself consists of several pages and the Direct3D page is only one of them. Everythings written in C# except for the Direct3D component.

Now to the problem I have: Using the Xbox gamepad triggers navigation of the surrounding UI components which results in random page switches and opening of dialogs or the command bar. I am accessing the Xbox gamepad using XInput in C++. Even though gamepad navigation might be a good thing, I need to disable the gamepad in the UWP UI while controlling the Direct3D component. Is there any way to achieve this? What I tried so far is overriding the corresponding KeyDown/KeyUp events and flag them as handled if it's a gamepad input. But it doesn't seem to work that way.

Thanks for any help.

Friday, April 15, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• Can you send me a repro? (mailto:nkramer@Microsoft.com) If you mark the KeyDown’s & Ups handled early enough, that will prevent XAML from doing anything with them. What control has focus when you're seeing problems? Is it moving focus or manipulating the control? Thanks.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:44 PM