unable to create simulated device using IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I took 

"https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-dps/quick-create-simulated-device" as reference link for creating simulated device in Iot Device Provisioning service .But i was encountered with bellow error 

"\azure-iot-sdk-c\dps_client\src\dps_client.c Func:_DPS_LL_DoWork Line:804 Failure sending operation status Failure encountered in DPS info DPS_ERROR_TIMEOUT."

any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi, CH.LSREDDY

Could you please share more log information before this error? Does this error display after register device? I have run the sample in reference step by step, and there is not any error. But when I set a breakpoint in DPS_LL_Register_Device function (at Line 700) and then run, wait over 1 minute stopping at the breakpoint, after that go on running, the DPS_ERROR_TIMEOUT error will produce. 

Hope that helps you.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:08 AM
  • i am getting this error before device registration ..

Friday, October 20, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Hi, CH.LSREDDY

Sorry for reply with delay. Could you tell me whether you have fixed this issue? If not, please check the network and the time span when running before device registration.

If the error still exists, please fell free and let me know.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 6:16 AM