none
This is about VS Code - Need help with Build Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• [Where should I put questions about VS Code?  I put it here, but if this is the wrong place then please move it to the right place.]

I have a VS Code task.json file with this content:

{ // See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558 

// for the documentation about the tasks.json format 

"version": "2.0.0",  "tasks": [    {      "label": "Build",      "type": "shell",      "command": "emcc",      "args": [        "/mnt/e/programming/visual_studio_code/book-examples/chapter-05-create-load-module/without-glue.c",        "-Os",        "-s",        "WASM=1",        "-s",        "SIDE_MODULE=1",        "-s",        "BINARYEN_ASYNC_COMPILATION=0",        "-o",  "/mnt/e/programming/visual_studio_code/book-examples/chapter-05-create-load-module/without-glue.wasm"      ],      "group": {        "kind": "build",        "isDefault": true      }    }  ],  "runner": "terminal" }

I want it to run through a bash shell, so I also set the integrated terminal setting to use bash.  But when I try to run the Build Task in VS Code, I get this message: 

"> Executing task: 'wsl.exe emcc' /mnt/e/programming/visual_studio_code/book-examples/chapter-05-create-load-module/without-glue.c -Os -s WASM=1 -s SIDE_MODULE=1 -s BINARYEN_ASYNC_COMPILATION=0 -o /mnt/e/programming/visual_studio_code/book-examples/chapter-05-create-load-module/without-glue.wasm <

The terminal process terminated with exit code: 2

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it."

What's the problem and how can I fix it?  Thanks in advance in advance for any replies and/or help.

Friday, May 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>Where should I put questions about VS Code?  I put it here, but if this is the wrong place then please move it to the right place.

According to your description, this issue is more related to VS code. Since this is VS IDE forum, talking about usage of VS, I recommend you open a new thread on Stack Overflow to get more professional support.

Also, according to VS code website, you can get support about vs code from links above:

• Technical Support:

You can ask questions and search for answers on Stack Overflow and enter issues and feature requests directly in our GitHub repository.

If you'd like to contact a professional support engineer, you can open a ticket with the Microsoft assisted support team.

So I recommend you open new thread on Stack Overflow, and I will help move this thread to Off-topic forum.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:24 AM