none
VS 2017 does not track active item in Solution Explorer

All replies

• Hi markgoldin,

I could not reproduce this issue in version 15.0.25928.0 of visual studio 2017 RC  with different projects and file types. So please update your visual studio to latest and check the profileController.js file is exist in the solution Explorer, if not, the tracking active will not valid. If yes, I would like provide you some advices to solve this issue:

1. Try to turned that feature off, closed all open items, restart VS, turn on the feature, then check this feature.
    2. Is your project related to Lightweight solution load? If yes, you can try to deleted the visual studio settings folder from under ".vs/PROJECTNAME" directory. Then loaded the solution again, closed all open items and turned off lightweight solution load. Restarted visual studio.
    3. Reset your visual studio settings: go to Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset All settings, before reset your settings, you can  Import and Export Settings  to save your settings. Restart visual studio, check the that checkbox and verify this feature.
    4. Please go to Tools> Extensions and Updates to disable the add-ins you installed one by one, check whether any extensions effect this issue.

If this issue is persists, would you create a new project with  several documents, check this feature again, if this feature is still not work, please provide me the project type or simple reproduce steps about this issue? It`s will benefit for us to narrow down this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:58 AM