sorting by heading 1 and heading 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have two tables linked up to a main table that have header 1 and header 2. Header 1 is a summary and header 2 is a subdivision of that summary. So, header 1= sales, header 2= type of sales. When I put header 1 into a pivot table it works fine, and when I add header 2 under header 1 in the pivot table it shows all the values for header 2 rolling into header 1. HOWEVER, when I just put header 2 in there alone, it doesn't return any values in the pivot table. Why is this? How can i trobule shoot? 
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hi AlexMartini,

The hearder1 is the order in DimHearders table, hearder2 is the order in DimHearders2 table, right? Which field do you use to Values level in PivotTable Field catelog? 

Generally, it is normal when you just put header 2 in there alone. For your issue, it may be caused by the relationship among table and the context in DAX. It is not clear to resolve the issue according to existing information. Could you share us more details for further analysis? And please post the PivotTable Field screenshot. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 2:43 AM