locked
RequestProductPurchaseAsync RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi! I published a game succesfully to the win8 rtm store, it works mostly as expected, but one thing seems buged, the RequestProductPurchaseAsync. I and my team tested this function numerous times in debug builds and with CurrentAppSimulator. It worked like charm, but when it went live on the store it doesnt look like to work. When I try to buy a feature it starts to check for its price, then I get a "your purchase couldn't be completed " error message. Buying other apps is working but at the moment I cant find any other apps with in-app purchase to test their solution. Maybe you can give us some hints what are we doing wrong? We only using CurrentApp.RequestProductPurchaseAsync in release build, so we have no clue what is the problem, i hope you can help us resolve this quickly.
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:56 AM

All replies

  • Hi, one question, testing your app with CurrentAppSimulator, does your in-app product state change from IsActive=false to IsActive=true (in-memory) ? I've used it in my app but nothing seems to change after the call to RequestProductPurchaseAsync()
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:45 PM
  • I know that this was posted a while ago but I ran into a similar issue and I figured that the solution is worth noting. In my case I had the same experience where everything worked fine when using CurrentAppSimulator but then somehow it would fail with the "your purchased couldn't be completed" error message when it was released.

    After some investigation I noticed that the name of the in-app offer listed in the description of the app on the dashboard website  (go to dev center then click on the "dashboard" link) was "Category1" while the id of the in-app purchase in the code of my app was a different name. The reason, I think, is that when I uploaded the first .appx package to dashboard it used the name "Category1" and then before I clicked the button to submit I ended up making a few updates (which I realized were needed last minute) and also decided to do some other small changes, one of which was changing "Category1" to something else in my code. After making these changes I removed the .appx that used "Category1" from dashboard and uploaded a new .appx that used the new name. This caused no issue for CurrentAppSimulator as it was using a license .xml file that I had locally that was also using the new name, but created a problem in the submitted app probably because on Microsoft's server the name was still "Category1". I changed the id back to "Category1" in my code and switched on CurrentApp (which is fine to use now because the app is actually in the store and released) and the purchase went through. So long story short make sure that the name of your in-app offer in your code matches the name of the in-app offer listed on dashboard.


    Scott Haney


    • Edited by Black Jack Pershing Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:43 PM The issue with dashboard doesn't seem to be a bug after looking at it some more, so I removed that comment
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:31 AM