Confused about setting up in-app-purchase

Question

• I'm trying to test IAP's in my first Windows app but it's not clear how to get started. When using "CurrentAppSimulator" how do I find and customize "WindowsStoreProxy.xml?" Does this file only exist when I'm running my project in VS and then get deleted ?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• After you run the app in VS one and access the CurrentAppSimulator. You'll find the XML file in %localappdata%\packages, then go under your <package name>\LocalState\Microsoft\Windows Store\ApiData  You can then modify it there for your testing; VS won't delete it.

Kraig

Author, Programming Windows 8 Apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, a free ebook from Microsoft Press

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Great, thank you! At first I couldn't find the Microsoft folder but then I discovered it inside LocalState. It seems to be working, however. Is this something different?
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:23 PM
  • Yes, sorry--I dropped that part. I've corrected the path in the original reply (and simplified to start with %localappdata% too.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Ah cool, thanks! I think I've got the whole IAP working now. Once I was able to edit that file everything else seems to function, too.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Perfect--glad you got it all going.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:22 PM