none
Interactive interface for kinect application RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have to create a application for kinect. Want to develop interface similar to xbox dashboard. All topics to be displayed as tiles / rectangles and user can move from one page of tiles to another page having slide effects that we have in xbox or in windows 8 UI.

please suggest how to implement this. Any help would be really apreciated.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:11 PM

All replies

• well kinect mouse allows you to use the kinect as a mouse making it easy to target metro ui tiles as if its a normal mouse. It will take your system mouse away from you though.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:14 PM
  • This sounds like a complicated task. I'd suggest that you think about what the two gestures should look like: one gesture to swipe/drag the view and one to select an item. The select-gesture will be the most complicated and you should consider to use voice instead...

When you have the idea of how exactly the gesture(s) should be, you need to think of a good way to track it (like a set of rules, applied to each data frame..)

Life is unsure - always eat the dessert first!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:30 PM
  • On windows 8 they dont have native support for kinect yet so the only way to move the tiles is with a mouse thats why i recommended kinect mouse project to control windows 8 then for kinect programs you should be fine and do what theCake is saying but voice would work also but wouldnt he have to say the name of the window to target it?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:38 AM