error during CoreCLR build RRS feed

• Question

• I'm stuck with the following error during the standard build process

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\Git\coreclr>build -rebuild
    BUILD: Commencing CoreCLR Repo build
    BUILD: Checking prerequisites
    BUILD: Using environment: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\\VsDevCmd.bat"
    Tools are already initialized.
    Running: C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\dotnetcli\dotnet.exe C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\run.exe build -Project=C:\Git\coreclr\build.proj -generateHeaderWindows -NativeVersionHeaderFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\obj\_version.h" -BuildOS=Window
    s_NT -BuildType=Debug -BuildArch=x64  -rebuild

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare i
    l file specificato.
       at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.OpenFile()
       at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.Main(String[] args)
    BUILD: Commencing build of native components for Windows_NT.x64.Debug
    BUILD: Using environment: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\\..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86_amd64
    BUILD: Regenerating the Visual Studio solution
    -- VS_PLATFORM_TOOLSET is v140
    -- VS_PLATFORM_NAME is x64
    -- VS_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION is
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: C:/Git/coreclr/bin/obj/Windows_NT.x64.Debug
    Tools are already initialized.
    Running: C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\dotnetcli\dotnet.exe C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\run.exe build -Project=C:\Git\coreclr\bin\obj\Windows_NT.x64.Debug\install.vcxproj -MsBuildLog=/flp:Verbosity=normal;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Log
    s\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log" -MsBuildWrn=/flp1:WarningsOnly;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn" -MsBuildErr=/flp2:ErrorsOnly;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__
    x64__Debug.err" -configuration=Debug  -BuildOS=Windows_NT -BuildType=Debug -BuildArch=x64  -rebuild

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare i
    l file specificato.
    BUILD: Error: native component build failed. Refer to the build log files for details:
        "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log"
        "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn"
        "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.err"

Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:37 PM

Answers

• They merged a lot of commits in the latest few hours: maybe they have fixed the bug.
    • Marked as answer by Debugging Core Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:42 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Debugging Core,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search.  From the CoreCLR GitHup we find their support forum.

.NET Foundation Forums。  The forum will deal with core clr question.

I hope you can post your issue on there. I will move the thread to off-topic forum.

If your issue has been resolved, please close your thread by marking useful posts as answer.

Your cooperation will be important to us.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:02 AM
  • I'm trying to create an account there and to post my question... I hope they can accept it....
    Monday, September 19, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

I believe the will accept it. Because GitHup has support website.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Tried both the support forum and github issues but unfortunately no luck there either...
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hi Debugging Core,

Could you provide more error message? I can not find error message.

>>

"C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log"
        "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn"
        "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.err

Maybe you should open the these log folder.

Best Regards,

Hart

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:33 AM
  • Yes, I've seen those names of .log, .ern and .err but they are not even created. 

The error msg is the one I posted (actually there are 2 crashes and the build process stops after the second one)

The second, fatal one

Unhandled Exception: 
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 

Could not load file or assembly 
    'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies.

Impossibile trovare il file specificato.

The first, identical one

Unhandled Exception: 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 
    Could not load file or assembly 

'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies.

Impossibile trovare il file specificato.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Just speculation: Is/was there something wrong with 'Tools initialization'? You have e.g.
    C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Which version?
    Anything strange in
    init-tools.log
    No warranty
    With kind regards
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:19 AM
  • They merged a lot of commits in the latest few hours: maybe they have fixed the bug.
    • Marked as answer by Debugging Core Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:42 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:39 PM