none
Organizer name comes in the Recipients list in outlook form region RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom form region for a meeting in outlook 2010 and VSTO with the message class IPM.Appointment.MyCompanyName. 1) When we either create a new meeting based on that form region or open the existing meeting created based on that form region from the calendar, the Organizer name is showing in the recipients list i.e., in the To field. 2) If I remove the Organizer name from the recipients list and save the appointment, it shows the message that the "The attendees of the meeting has been changed. Do you want to save and send update or Close without saving. How to remove the organizer name from the recipients list and save the appointment without asking for this dialog.

Regards,

Vijay

Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Vijay,

What code do you use for creating a meeting item?

Take a look at the Recipients property which returns a Recipients collection that represents all the recipients for the Outlook item. It looks like you need to deleted the organizer from the collection and call the Save method.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:52 PM
  • Hello Eugene,

I have removed the Organizer name by iterating the Recipients collection. When I call the save method, it says that the "The attendees of the meeting have changed. Choose one of the following. 1) Save change and send update. 2) Don't save but the keep the meeting open. How to skip this dialog from showing.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:02 PM
  • Organizer *is* one of the recipients. Why do you want to remote it?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:59 PM
  • Hi Dmitry,

When we create a default outlook meeting, it will not show the organizer name in the To field, whereas in the custom form region, it is automatically showing organizer name  in the To field. Is there any way to hide that from the view.

Friday, April 10, 2015 4:04 AM
  • But why would Outlook's behavior change if you have not modified or replaced the To control? Do you see the same behavior if you comment out all of your form region's code?

Friday, April 10, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Even if I commented all the code and open the new meeting based on that form region, it shows the Organizer name in the To field.
    Friday, April 10, 2015 8:53 AM
  • But this does not happen if your form region is not present? Does any of your code run before the appointment is shown?

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:33 PM
  • What code do you use for displaying a form region and removing the recipient?
    Friday, April 10, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

I am trying to reproducing the issue by creaing a separate region in Outlook 2010 however failed.

Can you reproduce this issue on a new project without custom code? If not, would you mind sharing the code you are display the recipient?

If yes, would you mind sharing the detail step to help us to reproduce this issue?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Please find the sky drive link for the sample project http://1drv.ms/1FEwvpa. Step to create a form region is as follows:

1) Create a new form region in outlook.

2) Add new Form Region in the Visual Studio and select the new created form region in outlook.

3) Click Replacement

3) Give the Custom Form for the title

4) Give the IPM.Appointment.CustomMeetingCreate for the message class.

5) Select Finish.

The New Custom Form button will be shown under New Items in the Home Tab. It shows the Organizer name in the To list field. Once the meeting has been sent, reopen that meeting, it shows that message that the Attendees has been changed. 

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

Any update on this issue?

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:52 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the sample project, I am also able to reproduce this issue on my side.

Since this issue is complex, I am trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Can you please provide a quick fix for the above problem. We are not able to roll out the build due to these issue. Can you please provide some approximate time estimate.

Regards,

Vijay

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:36 AM
  • Any update on this issue?
    Friday, May 22, 2015 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this issue please?

I am experiencing the same issue myself.

Paul

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:25 AM