Has http://astoria.mslivelabs.com moved? RRS feed

Answers

• As an interim measure, the following hosts file entry works for me:

207.46.149.253 astoria.mslivelabs.com

Thanks.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:08 PM
  • I got several emails saying that the site was down. I've been trying it periodically and has been working for me so far, but it could be some DNS issue specific to some ISPs or something.

Anyway, if you notice that the service is down, please ping me (email address: pablo dot castro at microsoft dot com) and I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Pablo Castro

Technical Lead

Microsoft Corporation

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:38 PM

All replies

• As far as I know the site hasn't been down and is working fine at the moment (I navigated to this forum from the site).

Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:57 PM
  • It appears to be a DNS issue.  I can't ping the site (nor mslivelabs.com) and nslookup can't resolve it.

My ISP is rogers.com which is a fairly large cable high-speed provider here in Toronto.

Michael.

UPDATE: The DNS server for mslivelabs.com is ns2.livedns.msft.net.  When I run nslookup against this DNS server, I can get the IP address (see below).  So it may be a propogation problem.

UPDATE 2: homeserver.com is another MS site on the same pair of DNS servers and it is also unreachable (at least for me).

Thursday, May 3, 2007 6:23 PM
  • As an interim measure, the following hosts file entry works for me:

207.46.149.253 astoria.mslivelabs.com

Thanks.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:08 PM
  • I got several emails saying that the site was down. I've been trying it periodically and has been working for me so far, but it could be some DNS issue specific to some ISPs or something.

Anyway, if you notice that the service is down, please ping me (email address: pablo dot castro at microsoft dot com) and I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Pablo Castro

Technical Lead

Microsoft Corporation

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:38 PM