MOSS 2007 infopath form stuck in install RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of migrating a MOSS 2007 farm from a server 2003 server to 2008 r2, everything is going quite well for the most part.

The issue I am having is witht the infopath form templates.

long story short I connot update existing form templates I get an error like this (The following form template cannot be upgraded because it is not currently uploaded to on this farm)

but this form is infact on the farm.

I also cannot remove the form template because a form libaray relies on it and the system wont let it happen.

When I try to upload a new form it uploads alright but then gets stuck with the status 'Installing" status forever not letting me do anything with the form template.

An help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

QM

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:07 PM

Answers

• Have you seen this posting:  http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/8034/29193.aspx

*Particularly making sure that the timer service is running on all servers in the farm (Services > "Windows SharePoint Services Timer")

*and running the command:

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\stsadm.exe" -o execadmsvcjobs

• Marked as answer by QBM5 Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:42 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:56 PM
  • Open your services console and make sure the following services are running:

Windows SharePoint Services Administration
    Windows SharePoint Services Timer

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:52 PM

All replies

• Have you seen this posting:  http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/8034/29193.aspx

*Particularly making sure that the timer service is running on all servers in the farm (Services > "Windows SharePoint Services Timer")

*and running the command:

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\stsadm.exe" -o execadmsvcjobs

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:56 PM
  • I read the article but I dont think it applies to me.  A. I only have one server (SQL included) B. When I run  '-o execadmsvcjobs' I get error messages saying "This job failed to connect to an IPC port :Access is denied"  This is odd the SP should have full rights on the server, but as I said this is a new install migrating an existing farm.  So

If anyone out there could help I would greatly appreciate it.

QM

Quentin McCain
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Open your services console and make sure the following services are running:

Windows SharePoint Services Administration
    Windows SharePoint Services Timer

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:52 PM