Submit Windows 8.1 App for Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I have built out an application for Windows 8.1; my laptop is running Windows 8.1 RTM Enterprise Edition, with Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate (RC) as the development environment;

The project is complete, and I am writing to ask if the app can be submitted for certification to the Windows 8.1 Store (or if it is necessary to wait for the RTM of Visual Studio 2013); thanks in advance for insight, guidance;

robert hellestrae

• Edited by rrobhelle Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:10 AM typographical issue
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:09 AM

Answers

• You will need to wait. The store is not yet open for Windows 8.1 apps.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by rrobhelle Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:27 AM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:49 AM
  • It would be better if Microsoft released 8.1 to developers (possibly through the dashboard) BEFORE the world updates on October 17-18 so developers can run final tests and get their updated 8.1 apps in the store in time for the update.  I suspect many people will update and then get app crashes and awful snap mode display issues when running their favourite apps after the update which will give 8.1 a pretty bad first impression.

As it stands I think people will be forced to wait for a few weeks after the update before compatible apps start appearing in the store as developers need to test them in the final build and then go through the submission process.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:07 AM

All replies

• You will need to wait. The store is not yet open for Windows 8.1 apps.

--Rob

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:49 AM
  • It would be better if Microsoft released 8.1 to developers (possibly through the dashboard) BEFORE the world updates on October 17-18 so developers can run final tests and get their updated 8.1 apps in the store in time for the update.  I suspect many people will update and then get app crashes and awful snap mode display issues when running their favourite apps after the update which will give 8.1 a pretty bad first impression.

As it stands I think people will be forced to wait for a few weeks after the update before compatible apps start appearing in the store as developers need to test them in the final build and then go through the submission process.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Windows 8.1 RTM is already available to developers through MSDN. From his initial post, Robert is already running it.

--Rob

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

Any news about the date on which we can upload Win 8.1 apps to Windows Store?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:28 AM
  • *bump*

...running VS2013RC on 8.1 RTM as well and my App-package is ready to submit.  I even have the screenshots ready (!).

The DevCenter however denies upload with "This package was built with an out-of-date version of the Windows SDK" ...

(When) can we submit our packages? Some of my customers are on 8.1 RTM as well (Dreamspark..) and I hate to keep them waiting =)

cheers

Life is unsure - always eat the dessert first!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:46 PM
  • See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/bg182409.aspx

The Windows Store will open for onboarding of Windows 8.1 apps on October 18.  You will need to use RTM versions of Visual Studio, Windows 8.1, and any services to refine and submit your app to the Windows Store.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:01 PM
  • Please forgive me if this seems like a rudimentary question, but what exactly is meant by the term "app" when used within this context?  I've seen the term used so many different ways I don't event know for certain what it means.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:48 PM