Excel data model error with password protected file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have come into a very strange problem with my Powerpivot workbook. I have a powerpivot workbook which has around 15 million rows of data by roughly 20 columns. Everything has been working fine until I applied a password. 

Now I get the error that the Excel program has run out of resources.

I am only running on 32bit Excel which I know isn't ideal but before applying the password it would take roughly 1.5GB of Ram. Now it's hitting the 2GB limit as the data model activates. 

Can someone please help me?

Many thanks,

Joe

Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

Thanks for your question.

According to your description and the error message "Excel program has run out of resources", this issue might be cause by  COM add-ins . 

If you have any COM add-ins installed, un-install them unless they are absolutely required.  COM add-ins are a special type of add-in written in machine language.  They are often installed without explicit approval.  COM add-ins are often reported as causing memory problems (our add-ins are not COM add-ins).  Two frequently mentioned as problems are Blue-Tooth and Adobe COM addins.

For more information, please refer to below blog:

https://www.add-ins.com/support/out-of-memory-or-not-enough-resource-problem-with-microsoft-excel.htm

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 16, 2017 2:45 AM