"Failed to get pointer input transform history" when scrolling with the mouse over a WebView RRS feed

• Question

• Hey community,

we are working on a store app and have a WebView embedded, to play some video content from our web backend.

Everything is working fine so far, but when we start our app, hover over the WebView and use the mousewheel to scroll, the App crashes with UnhandledException "Wrong Parameter. Failed to get pointer input transform history."

Details:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5264328/exception.png

I've been trying since 2 days to find out where the exception comes from but the missing stack trace makes it hard to detect and even more importantly catching it!

Can anyone suggest possible locations where the error might occur and where i might implement my catch for it?

I have found "failed-to-get-pointer-input-transform-history-error-in-windows-8-metro-app" (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0c819e9-bac6-4d4d-8877-7aeee64a28d3/failed-to-get-pointer-input-transform-history-error-in-windows-8-metro-app?forum=w81prevwCsharp) on here, which sounds similar to my problem, but sadly i can't add to the topic, neither has it been answered yet.

I have managed to catch the exception by subscribing to the global Unhandled Exception Event and simply checking if it's this type of message and setting "event.Handled = true". But obviously I don't even want to call this a "solution".

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx for your time!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:07 AM

Answers

• We worked around it.

Can be closed.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:51 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you mind sharing your project into SkyDrive and share a link in the forum?

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:11 AM
  • Hey Anne,

thanks for your answer and time.

Sorry, but since this is a project for a client, I can't share it :/

• Edited by worp1900 Friday, January 24, 2014 11:15 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Sorry to bump my topic in such a bad manner, but I really need an answer for this and asking me to share the project publicly is simply not a working answer.

I hope someone else might find the topic now.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:42 AM
  • We worked around it.

Can be closed.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:51 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 2:36 PM