Design Freedom when designing Windows Apps

General discussion

• Hi Everyone

I am a User Experience and UI Design consultant based in Cape Town, South Africa and I am very new at designing Windows Mobile apps.

I have gone through the online guidelines and I do understand that the guidelines are not rules but recommendations. So my question is, how much freedom do I have? What are the minimum requirements when designing the interface? What will make the app I am designing to be declined by the store?

I do want to keep to standards, but i do want to know how much i can push the boundaries that wont impact in the App Store approval process.

Any assistance would be most appreciative. 

Thanks

Friday, February 27, 2015 1:33 PM

All replies

• The UI guidelines are not part of the certification guidelines. Push the boundaries however makes sense for your app.

Flagrant and pointless deviations may keep the app from being featured, but it won't keep it from the store. On the other hand, usefully unique and interesting apps may be more likely to be featured.

Friday, February 27, 2015 2:50 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the feedback. It is great to know that I am not restricted on a design level with Windows Apps.

I am very excited about creating my 1st Windows Mobile App and submitting it.

Friday, February 27, 2015 3:18 PM