Does D3D11 command list provide equivalent feature to OpenGL display list

Question

• I am porting a desktop application that uses OpenGL to Windows RT, and have difficulties in implementing OpenGL display list in D3D11. I have searched on the web and found D3D11 command list may serve a similar role, but the code sample is few and far between. In all, my question is whether D3D11 command list provide the same function as OpenGL display list, if yes, where can I find the code sample for D3D11 command list? Thanks.
    • Edited by Leonard Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• Direct3D 11 Command Lists are NOT intended to be used like OpenGL display lists. Command lists are intended to generated every frame and work to resolve contention for multi-threaded rendering. They are not 'record and then replay many times' constructions such as OpenGL display lists or Xbox 360 Precompiled Command Buffers.
    • Marked as answer by Leonard Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:30 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:56 PM

All replies

• Direct3D 11 Command Lists are NOT intended to be used like OpenGL display lists. Command lists are intended to generated every frame and work to resolve contention for multi-threaded rendering. They are not 'record and then replay many times' constructions such as OpenGL display lists or Xbox 360 Precompiled Command Buffers.
    • Marked as answer by Leonard Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:30 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Thanks Chuck.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:30 PM