Sketch flow look and feel to "Sales Pitch" RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've just completed my first Sketchflow application design with a customer and I got some interesting feedback.

Some of the "Navigation Wizards" I mocked up didn't work very well because I couldn't use "Pages".  From what I can tell Next/previous wizard types of navigation will require some hand coding of the sketch flow components xaml.

The customer now needs to "sell/pitch" the application to the "sales" department and wants to remove the "SketchStyles" and replace it with a "real application" look and feel and ensure the sample data is more relevant.  They didn't seem too concerned with screen workflows, but wanted to make it "pretty" (yes, vain sales and marketing departments).

I figure its time to copy the prototype to VS2008 and start using WPF's features (oh and find a graphic artist), but I was wondering if there were a set of "Blend Application Styles" that could used change to from the "SketchyStyles" to a other look and feels.  Similar to the Windows "Luna", "Aero" styles I've seen in the WPF books on WPF styling, but with a few other basic options.

In VS2008, from what I can tell, if I remove the SketchyStyles.xaml and then do a fair bit of Find/Replace in the raw Xaml I could see the "standard" windows control styles.  Have I got the correct procedure?  I really want a rapid solution to this customer request and this just seems like a very "manual" step to do this job.

Are others are getting this sort of feedback from customers and need this intermediate "look and feel" request for their software design processes to help get application funding?

Jamie Clayton
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

What you are doing is pretty much the only option available right now - currently this process is manual.

You can select multiple elements that have Sketch styles applied to them, go to the property grid, look for the Style property, and clear it out using the advanced properties options button located next to the style value editor - that might hasten things a bit.

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:17 PM
  • Unni,

Thanks for the details.  I hope Blend 4 might improve on this process with a feature that might do this task in a single move.  I'm sure I'm not the only person that needs to do a mass change of "styles" during prototyping.

Jamie Clayton
    Monday, November 16, 2009 3:54 AM