none
Connecting lines to textboxes and logical operators. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to write a tool that can search through a textfile for mutiple words in a line and exclude words as well. The difference to existing tools is that I want to a program a visual interface and thats where I am lost. I have no clue of where to start and hope anyone can point me in the right direction. Now I am using Excel, Word, Notepad++ and sometimes a hardcoded search tool to get the lines I need but it would be so mucht easier if I could just drag some text boxes in a display end connect them to logical operators to get the query. I painted an example of what a random search might look like:

I have not done any graphical programming at all and I have more questions than I can expect to be answerd here but most important: what is a easy way to let the user draw the logics and how to detect which lines go from where to where.

Hope to get some hints.

Regards, Rob.

Friday, March 30, 2018 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hello AnotherRob,

>>what is a easy way to let the user draw the logics and how to detect which lines go from where to where

I suggest you could display logic operator and operator text as control like in winform. And when user draw logics user just need to drag them. As for how to detect which lines go, you could refer the below link.

How to create and connect custom user buttons/controls with lines using windows forms

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AnotherRob Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:05 PM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hello AnotherRob,

>>what is a easy way to let the user draw the logics and how to detect which lines go from where to where

I suggest you could display logic operator and operator text as control like in winform. And when user draw logics user just need to drag them. As for how to detect which lines go, you could refer the below link.

How to create and connect custom user buttons/controls with lines using windows forms

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AnotherRob Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:05 PM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 7:40 AM
  • Neil,

Thank you for this example, it might just be what I was looking for.

Regards,

Rob.

• Edited by AnotherRob Monday, April 2, 2018 11:13 AM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 11:13 AM
  • Hello AnotherRob,

Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide? You could mark the helpful reply as answer if the issue has been solved. And if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Hi Neil,

I marked your comment as the answer.

The reason I did not do this before is that I have been trying to isolate the nodeseditor but  I failed to get it working and just a minute ago I gave up on that solution, altough it is a nice one.

I needed this "quick" program to sort a couple of datafiles before the end of april and trying to get this to work and adapt it to my needs is to time consuming. Maybe later Ill try again but for now I have to fall back on notepad++ and excel :-(

Thanks for the time you took to answer :-)

Regards,

Rob. 

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:15 PM