Creating Sub-folders in a Win 10 program RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application which creates sub-folders under the main working folder. This has been working for some years on XP, Vista, Win 7 and until recently on Win 10, which now will not allow these folders to be created. I have set the permissions to full control but still it will not create the sub-folders from the application. I can create them manually. What do I need to do to allow my program to create its working sub-folders?
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all your help

I have re-installed the application to the ProgramFiles folder and it now works. It was previously installed to it's own folder off of the C:\drive which has worked for the last 15 years!

• Marked as answer by BarryGroom Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:24 AM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:24 AM

All replies

• Where the main working folder is?  Please provide its name with full path.
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:59 PM
  • It does not seem to matter which folder I use, I have tried the Documents folder - same result
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Thank you.
    Why I asked folder location was that I wanted to know whether it was some system folder.
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:55 PM
  • I have just set the program to use the ProgramData folder - still the same result. I think this is a security issue but cannot find any settings that affect it. I have tried Run as Administrator and have set all the user permissions to full control.

As this has happened recently, I think it must be something in a Windows Update

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:28 AM
  • If your program is installed in system related folder, and your want to create a new folder where the program is installed, your program should have an administrator privilege.
    It's possible, but I recommend you to let your program create a new folder other than in system related folder.
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Thanks for all your help

I have re-installed the application to the ProgramFiles folder and it now works. It was previously installed to it's own folder off of the C:\drive which has worked for the last 15 years!

• Marked as answer by BarryGroom Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:24 AM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:24 AM