Automate French UI using VSTS 2013 COded UI RRS feed

• Question

• How to develop coded UI automation for French UI application?

We may have VM with French OS and French Application UI that needs to be automated. Since I know only English do I need to change VSTS UI language  to English and work or basically what is the process available to automate? Also what are the language packs to be installed? What are the test settings so that I can record and Playback?

Please help me.

Monday, June 1, 2015 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hi svmsh,

Since your OS and  Application UI are French language, so I  think that in order to avoid it exists garbage issue in different language, I suggest you could try to install this French language pack for this VSTS2013.

http://www.microsoft.com/fr-FR/download/details.aspx?id=40783

After you install this French language pack, I suggest you click this Tools->Options-> International Settings-> change this language to French like the following screen shot.

Then you could record and playback this French Application UI using coded UI test in the VS2013.

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:24 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:15 AM