Azure CDN on Wordpress sites and SiteGround hosting RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing all you CDN offering with Wp Super cache plugin for Wordpress and they are always more slow then without yours CDN. I have all my sites on SiteGround hosting.

I don' have this bad result if I use AWS cloudfront CDN.

Why only yours CDN are slowing my sites?

For example on pagespeed without your CDNs I have mobile speed 74 desktop 90. If I use your all the type of your CDN offering I get maximum 71 on mobile and 89 on Desktop.

I made also test with www.webpagetest.org and they show that your CDN is slower then no CDN or cloudfront CDN,

I have already spent a lot of time on this testing on different sites, different test location, different speed tool, different Azure CDN offering and service, and different plugins. So if there is not an easy solution I will not use anymore Azure CDN.

Thnks a lot

Enrico

• Edited by EFmsdn Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Enrico,

Theres a number of things that affect performance and speed, caching being one of the major ones.

Can you share your endpoints for origin, Azure CDN, and cloudfront CDN so I may do a comparison?

If you don't want to post it publicly, you can email me at rli@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:51 PM