none
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have experienced an error in Production for one of our systems. Although primarily a web product, it also incorporates 3 windows services.
    The windows services have undergone very minor changes in our upgrade to .NET 2.0 - the main change being that the project was opened in Visual Studio.NET 2005 and converted (it was a 1.1 project previously).   The other change of note is that we are now referencing SQLXML 4.0 instead of SQLXML 3.0.

The windows service write all it's exceptions to an event log, and the stack tracks is as follows:

Error message: Exception of type 'Easyi.Occam.ReportQueue.Exceptions.DequeueException' was thrown.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error details:

System.Exception: DequeueWorker.tick()
    Occam instance name=[bv] ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.Common.UnsafeNativeMethods.ISQLXMLCommandManagedInterface.ExecuteToOutputStream()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.innerExecute(Stream strm)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.ExecuteStream()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.ExecuteXmlReader()
       at Easyi.DataAccess.SqlClientHelper.ExecSqlXmlQuery(String sqlxmlquery, String sqlxmlconnectionstring, Hashtable sqlXmlParams, Boolean isSP)
       at Easyi.Occam.Language.LanguageManager.LoadLanguages(DBConfig dbconfig, Config config)
       at Easyi.Occam.ReportQueue.DequeueCentral..ctor(String wainstallationlocation)
       at Easyi.Occam.ReportQueue.DequeueWorker.tick(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. I cannot see anything in the code that could have changed since the last version that could cause this. The previous version has been running in production for several years without any error like this. The fact the error seems to originate from an unmanaged portion of the SQLXML Assembly implies to me that this is something that I can't necessarily code my way out of it.
    My services usually contain all errors and resume their operation. This error leaves them dead in the water (but with Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services reported them as still running).

regards,
    James Ashton MSc
    LMS Architect/Developer

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:04 PM

Answers

• We don't do much SQL in this forum.  Well, any.  OOM is much to generic to have a one size fits all answer.  Post to a SQL forum back at the old forums site, perhaps you'll find somebody that had the same problem.  If not, a call to Microsoft CSS is not a bad idea.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Monday, July 14, 2008 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:13 PM

All replies

• We don't do much SQL in this forum.  Well, any.  OOM is much to generic to have a one size fits all answer.  Post to a SQL forum back at the old forums site, perhaps you'll find somebody that had the same problem.  If not, a call to Microsoft CSS is not a bad idea.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Monday, July 14, 2008 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:13 PM
  • thanks for the help. I'll try posting to the SQL forum first...
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:22 PM