ASPNET_MEMBERSHIP Problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1628746328 posted

I have updated this project to allow a person to register on the Register.aspx in 2 scenarios.

1. A basic membership registration

2. A paid registration, which re-directs to paypal, where the user pays, and is redirected back to our classified app

The first type of registration works fine, i beleive it is using this code:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

protected void CreateUserWizardControl_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Response.Write(
    "CreateUserWizardControl_CreatedUser called <br>");

string username = CreateUserWizardControl.UserName;

ProfileCommon userProfile = Profile.GetProfile(CreateUserWizardControl.UserName);if (userProfile != null)

{

userProfile.MemberId = MembersDB.CreateMember(username, Membership.ApplicationName);

userProfile.FirstName = (Util.FindControlRecursively("FirstName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text;userProfile.LastName = (Util.FindControlRecursively("LastName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text;

userProfile.MembershipType = 1;

userProfile.Save();

}

}

And is populating all of the tables needed for a registration which *I think* are these 5 tables

a) aspnet_membership

b). aspnet_profile

c). aspnet_users

d). aspnet_UsersInRoles

e). members

For some reason,  in the PayPal Registration registration, all of the tables:

b). aspnet_profile

c). aspnet_users

d). aspnet_UsersInRoles

e). members

EXCEPT:

a) aspnet_membership 

Are getting populated, and I cannot determine why.

I've verified that the code is getting called on the redirection back from PayPal, and it seems to be virtually identical

CreateUserWizardControl.UserName = Session[
    "UserName"].ToString();

(Util.FindControlRecursively("FirstName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text = Session["FirstName"].ToString();

(Util.FindControlRecursively("LastName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text = Session["LastName"].ToString();

(Util.FindControlRecursively("ddMembershipType", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as DropDownList).SelectedValue = Session["MembershipType"].ToString();

string username = Session["UserName"].ToString();

ProfileCommon userProfile = Profile.GetProfile(username);

if (userProfile != null)

{

userProfile.MemberId = MembersDB.CreateMember(username, Membership.ApplicationName);

userProfile.FirstName = (Util.FindControlRecursively("FirstName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text;

userProfile.LastName = (Util.FindControlRecursively("LastName", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as TextBox).Text;

userProfile.MembershipType = 2;//int.Parse((Util.FindControlRecursively("ddMembershipType", CreateUserWizardControl.Controls) as DropDownList).SelectedValue.ToString());

userProfile.Save();

//Response.Write("<br>" + CreateUserWizardControl.ActiveStepIndex.ToString());

//CreateUserWizardControl.ActiveStepIndex = 1;

}

else

{

Response.Write(
    "USER PROFILE is NULL");Response.Write("<br>" + CreateUserWizardControl.ActiveStepIndex.ToString());

}

}

Perhaps a fresh set of eyes can see where I'm failing.

thanks.

doug.,

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:21 PM

All replies

• User546723956 posted

if you examine aspnet_membership table you can see columns related with user password and other columns related for the user last logon time and other datas ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa478948.aspx). here in you code i can see nothing related with that table atleast the password! you are not sending any datarelated with that table .

check the createuser method of the membership here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.security.membership.createuser.aspx.

hope this helps

notice : in your code MembersDB.CreateMember(username, Membership.ApplicationName) here you can not override createmembership method wit huser name and application name. usernamse and password is the right way to do that http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d8t4h2es.aspx

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:49 PM
  • User1628746328 posted

thanks for your reply Muhanad

CreateMember is a method of a sealed class called MembersDB which was included in the Classifieds Application.

So I don't think that's the problem, since:

1. It's working for the Basic Membership Registration

2. The application compiles and doesn't complain about the parameters in

MembersDB.CreateMember(username, Membership.ApplicationName);

So, all of that said...I guess I'm still stuck...

doug..

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:09 AM
  • User1628746328 posted

I'm still having a problem getting this to work...

anyone?

Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:57 AM