none
Restated: API Streetside Integration RRS feed

• Question

• I would be grateful for clarification on a couple of questions:

1.  Is Silverlight Control currently the only API that supports Streetside?

2.  Is Streetside support still in beta and not a fully-supported control (I believe it was in beta back in July 2012)?  

3.  Have there been any recent announcements regarding Streetside support in the Bing Maps v7 AJAX API -- or any other Bing Maps API

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edit:  Clarification
    • Edited by blafarm Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:08 AM Clarification
    Monday, June 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I do not believe Bing Maps currently offer streetside experience through the SDK. All the officially supported API's, with examples, can be found here.

Hope that helps,

Viktor Halitsyn

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:20 AM
  • At present it is only available as a beta control for Silverlight. As for future plans I suggest listening to the announcements at the Build conference this week to see if there is anything new coming.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I do not believe Bing Maps currently offer streetside experience through the SDK. All the officially supported API's, with examples, can be found here.

Hope that helps,

Viktor Halitsyn

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

I realized my inquiry was poorly formatted -- and I have revised it accordingly.

Any assistance on my original post would be greatly appreciated.

ps.

I now realize this Silverlight Control page (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681884.aspx) indicates the following:

"To view Bird’s eye or StreetsideTM maps, you need the Bing Maps Silverlight Control Extended Modes beta. To install the extended modes beta, follow the instructions on the extended modes beta page."

• Edited by blafarm Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:49 AM Clarification
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:06 AM
  • At present it is only available as a beta control for Silverlight. As for future plans I suggest listening to the announcements at the Build conference this week to see if there is anything new coming.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:00 AM
  • Thanks very much.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:17 PM